It's been a while since I talked about little Alex. He is great by the way. Check out my favorite picture of us:
Seriously, could he be any cuter?
He is going on 8 months old (January 6th). He is a strong sitter now and so close to crawling. He rocks back and forth all the time on his hands and knees.
(Uggh! I can't get any more photos to upload - instead of stopping I will just blog with no pictures, sorry, but it is the only way to stay current)
I really think he is going to be fast as soon as he figures out how to lift his knee. Mason tries to help him by moving one limb at a time. He can get pretty far by rolling and sitting up and purposely falling on one side or the other.
He is starting to show a few signs of separation anxiety. He will cry when I walk away from him. It is not all the time, but if he is tired, he wants his momma around. He also has started screaming at the top of his lungs. He does it just to hear himself I think. Mason did the same thing too. It is SOOO LOUD, and the bad part is that Mason laughs, and so Alex learned that it is funny to scream like that. Umm, blog readers, how come nobody picked up on the fact that I wanted (needed) sound canceling head phones for Christmas? I was not joking. I cannot stand the noise. I guess I will just have to use some of Steve's earplugs.
He has been pretty healthy all month (last time I talked about him, he was still on his breathing treatment). All that wheezing finally cleared up. I hope he stays well through the winter. By next winter he will be so much bigger that I won't be so worried.
He eats really well. So far he hasn't turned down any food that I give him. He started this weird pig snorting though when I feed him. I think he is happy, but it is hard to tell. I will try to get it on video.
His Christmas was good too, but unfortunately he was mainly on the side-lines to Mason. I can see how the order of your children starts to mold their personality. No matter how much you think you will treat them the same, the older kid is just going to get more attention. I am so curious as to the things he is going to be interested in. Will he be outgoing, like Mason, or shy, like mom? Will he be into all teh same toys Mason is or will he be different?
That is all I can think of for now. If someone is curious about something, send me a comment.
Update to Alex Update: He have a crawler! His feet get bound up sometimes and he sits up to straighten them, then falls back forward for a couple inches, feet get tangled, sit up, straighten them, falls forward, tangled, sit up, straighten, fall...I am sure he will get them straightened out soon enough, but he is moving! Now I will see what he gets into and see what I need to baby-proof.

Great picture! I agree about birth order, there is no way to be equal.
ReplyDeleteThat's so interesting, what you've mentioned about birth order. Being a multiple makes a huge difference, obviously, because I'm certain that Dawson gets way more attention than the twins do these days. But I don't think it will necessarily always be that way. I guess time will tell. :)
ReplyDeleteBtw, I love that pic too!