Mason has been obsessively singing a song named, Months of the Year, and you guesses it, he sings the months from January to December, followed by: "months of the year, boop." I will have to get it on video to truly translate. He will sing this song about 20-30 times per night. He wants to know what month everyone's birthday is, every holiday is, etc. He finally figured out that after December comes January, and that will be 2012; but then that revelation makes the song repeat and repeat, like This is the Song That Never Ends...(do you know that one - if so, please don't teach it to Mason).
The other phrase that popped up about one month ago and is still going strong, is "I love you." Maybe he should have always been saying this, but he didn't. He would only repeat it if someone told him that they loved him. Now at any random moment in the day, he will stop everything and say, "Mom, I love you." Of course, he always gets a nice reaction from me (or dad) and so I think that is why he keeps doing it. It is just strange at how often he does it. Right now, I can overhear Mason and Dad downstairs and he has already said it two times in the past 5 minutes. On a related note, he will ask me if I love him. I always answer that I will always love him. Then the testing begins...Will you love me if I climb up the 'frigerator; Will you love me if I drill a hole in the floor; Will you love me if I fart on your head; Will you love me if I drive you crazy?
Also, there is the times when he wants to know how much I love him. That conversation goes something like:
Mason: I love you one thousand.
Mom: I love you one thousand and one
Mason: I love you two thousand and eleven
Mom: I love you two thousand and twelve
Mason: I love you one thousand and one million.
I think you get the idea.
May I...
He has always been very polite, but lately everything has been "May I..." instead of "Can I." Then if the answer is positive, he replies, "That is very kind of you." It literally melts my heart.
"There is an I in Mason."
That is what he told me on the way to school one day. I tried to correct him but he was positive that there was indeed an I. He said, Mom listen, "MM - AA - SSS - IN" (I don't know how to type sounds). In has an I in it. I really couldn't explain this, but basically I said that we pronounce it different that it is spelled. A couple of days after this he came to me and said that only Laurence says his name right because she says MASOOONNN. She does. She has a thick French accent and she always calls him, Mason, like Mace-on, with an emphasis on the -on.
Consequences.
One morning we had a deep conversation about what would happen if we stuck our head into a shark's mouth. This kind of conversation is pretty normal around here. There is a lot of zombie talk too. Anyway, he looked up at me, hands raised, and said, "You would get your head bitten off, and then, YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO READ!" He seemed horrified to now have to live in a world where he couldn't read.
Speaking of Zombies...We have had our struggles with the ipad, but he does love it so much that we use it as a reward, and I think it is working out ok. He is limited to two 30 minute sessions on the weekends, and he gets to play from when he gets home from school, until I get home (also about 30 minutes). But I was still concerned with the obsession of Angry Birds. It does actually take some skill to learn the trajectory of the birds and all, but isn't it a little violent? Well, what do you know, Dad introduces him to a new game, Stupid Zombies. He was trying to convince me that this was a good puzzle game too because you have to learn angles. See, you bounce the bullets off walls and obstructions in order to kill the zombies. I said that there is probably a perfectly acceptable game of pool that we could have Mason play to learn angles, but I gave in. Mason is now as obsessed with Stupid Zombies as he was with Angry Birds. I think this is a loosing battle for me.
Ok, that is all the Mason stories I have for this week. We are off to the gym!
No comments:
Post a Comment