You turned the big 0-4 today! You are the joy of my life. I am so happy to see you growing up, and becoming such a polite and joyous young boy. You make me laugh every day without fail. I dropped you off at daycare this morning so I could make your cake and clean the house. Laurence and Mamie were thrilled to see you so happy this morning. You told Mamie that you were une, deux, trois, quatre, (I overheard you, but you never speak the french words to me). You are simply a brilliant boy. That means you are going to cost mommy and daddy lots of money for private school. I know that you will make it all back up to us though. Oh The Places You'll Go...I guess that is what is making me a little sad today.
So what does this fourth year bring:
So what does this fourth year bring:
- I am "mom" much more often now. It used to be exclusively "momma."
- The request is now for Cartoon Network instead of Noggin. The answer is still usually no.
- 4T clothes/size 10 shoes and an opinion on what you wear. Pockets are a must.
- Hot Wheels instead of Thomas
- School instead of daycare
- iPad instead of LeapPad
- "Bad guys" instead of "monsters"
- Story books instead of baby books
- Painting instead of crayons
You are a big brother to another amazing boy. You always ask if Alex can play in your room or play with your cars. You are his favorite person in the whole world right now. You probably will continue to be his favorite person for a long, long time. But what is even better, is that he is also your favorite person. You get sad when he has to go to bed. You try to teach him to not scream and rock and drive mom nuts. I am so glad that we gave you a brother. I often day-dream about all the awesome things you two will experience together.
When I look at your feet, I realize you are not a baby anymore. You have kid feet. You are starting to sweat when you run. When I tell you not to run, you say, "I'm not running, I'm exercising". If I tell you to stop exercising, you start jumping. I don't know if our house will survive another boy like you. You repeat almost any word I tell you, and you remember from that moment forward. Your vocabulary really does amaze me right now. I don't have to explain things in baby-ish ways anymore. You just understand.
You want to know what state everyone lives in. You can navigate your way to a few places when we drive. For instance, when I make a right on Lake Mead, we are invariably going to Chuck E Cheese's. Of which, we have been two times in your whole life. But, you don't get upset when we arrive at a different place. You are just pointing it out. When we get on the freeway going left, you point to the right and say "that path is the path to Great Grandma's." Those concepts just blow me away. I think I might start a little topic on the blog called Car Talk. You honestly make me laugh out loud every single morning when we drive to daycare. We have a little game where you look for the moon, and you say, "What's the moon doing up in the morning...that's silly!" Then we laugh and laugh at the silly moon. I can't wait for Alex to join in on these conversations.
There are still times that you have melt-downs, and you remind me that you are still little. You are beginning to resist your naps, and those evenings usually have a few more tears than usual. You love to be tucked in to bed at night. Some nights you want a tent and a flashlight, other nights you just want to stay up and play trains or read a book. You still love your blanket like no other. Usually there is a baby bear in the other hand, but the bear is beginning to be forgotten a little more every day. The blanket, however, will be with us for a very long time, I'm sure. That is the one thing you refuse to share with your baby. I don't blame you though, he is pretty slimy and gross right now.
Today we had a little celebration at daycare and you showed me all the things that you do everyday while I am at work. It is these times that I miss being with you all day, every day. Although, if I was always there, you wouldn't have had all the stuff to show me, right?
We came home and opened presents and you were thrilled to get your Criss Cross Criss Cross (yes always twice) Crash set. You have been asking for this for almost a year and you finally got one. We also got you an easel and Laurence got you a very nice art set. Tomorrow a couple friends are coming over to celebrate and then next week is Disneyland. While today did bring me some sadness to see you growing older, I al thrilled that you are now old enough to go on these fun trips and not be so much work. I hope you really enjoy Disneyland. It is my favorite place, and I am looking forward to going back over and over with you.
When I look at your feet, I realize you are not a baby anymore. You have kid feet. You are starting to sweat when you run. When I tell you not to run, you say, "I'm not running, I'm exercising". If I tell you to stop exercising, you start jumping. I don't know if our house will survive another boy like you. You repeat almost any word I tell you, and you remember from that moment forward. Your vocabulary really does amaze me right now. I don't have to explain things in baby-ish ways anymore. You just understand.
You want to know what state everyone lives in. You can navigate your way to a few places when we drive. For instance, when I make a right on Lake Mead, we are invariably going to Chuck E Cheese's. Of which, we have been two times in your whole life. But, you don't get upset when we arrive at a different place. You are just pointing it out. When we get on the freeway going left, you point to the right and say "that path is the path to Great Grandma's." Those concepts just blow me away. I think I might start a little topic on the blog called Car Talk. You honestly make me laugh out loud every single morning when we drive to daycare. We have a little game where you look for the moon, and you say, "What's the moon doing up in the morning...that's silly!" Then we laugh and laugh at the silly moon. I can't wait for Alex to join in on these conversations.
There are still times that you have melt-downs, and you remind me that you are still little. You are beginning to resist your naps, and those evenings usually have a few more tears than usual. You love to be tucked in to bed at night. Some nights you want a tent and a flashlight, other nights you just want to stay up and play trains or read a book. You still love your blanket like no other. Usually there is a baby bear in the other hand, but the bear is beginning to be forgotten a little more every day. The blanket, however, will be with us for a very long time, I'm sure. That is the one thing you refuse to share with your baby. I don't blame you though, he is pretty slimy and gross right now.
Today we had a little celebration at daycare and you showed me all the things that you do everyday while I am at work. It is these times that I miss being with you all day, every day. Although, if I was always there, you wouldn't have had all the stuff to show me, right?
We came home and opened presents and you were thrilled to get your Criss Cross Criss Cross (yes always twice) Crash set. You have been asking for this for almost a year and you finally got one. We also got you an easel and Laurence got you a very nice art set. Tomorrow a couple friends are coming over to celebrate and then next week is Disneyland. While today did bring me some sadness to see you growing older, I al thrilled that you are now old enough to go on these fun trips and not be so much work. I hope you really enjoy Disneyland. It is my favorite place, and I am looking forward to going back over and over with you.
Well, this last year has been wonderful, and I know next year will be even more jam-packed with stories and learning and trips and overall good times. I love you more than you can ever imagine.
Love,
Momma
Love,
Momma
Have fun at Disney and Happy Birthday Mason!
ReplyDelete