Mason has done about 3 months of swimming lessons. He has gone from this:
Refusing to put his face in the water...to this:
He attacks the water. We were trying to get all the way across the lane today, but I think he was too tired from the start to do that today. He swims about 15 feet and then gets tired. The instructor for tomorrow focuses on swimming calmly, so maybe we can try again tomorrow.
We only have 2 more weeks of lessons and then we are all done. I quit the gym after September. It is just too much money when we only use it on the weekends. I will likely sign back up next May. I really love their swim lessons. We are going to take tennis lessons again in October (when it is cooler), and hopefully he will want to keep those up all fall and winter. They don't do tennis lessons for pee-wees in the summer (too hot!), so that is a perfect time to get back to swimming. Alex can even join in next year. That was the other main reason to quit the gym. Alex never liked the child care area, so that limited the time we could be at the gym. Next year he will probably love it.
So now I have to find something to do on Fridays for Mason and I. Any ideas?
Next Friday you can hang out with me!!
ReplyDelete