Sunday, September 11, 2011

First Day of School

The FIrst day was a little lack luster since it was the same place that he spent all summer.  He is still in pre-K, but it is a combined class with 4-6 year olds.  There are 8 in the actual Kindergarten class and seven pre-K.
I am little upset to see that only the 8 kindergarteners have a place at the tables.  When she does actual teaching lessons (like reading or writing or math) the pre-k kids go to the "centers."  There is a parent teacher night in a couple weeks, so I will find out more details then.  I am probably making more out of this than I should, but I just feel that he must feel excluded.  Paired with the fact that he is more than ready to be learning the kindergarten stuff, I just feel like he is being short changed.  Now that Steve is available for drop off and pick up, I can move him wherever I want him.  We just have to fork up the extra $500-1,000 per month.  Is that really worth it for pre-k?  I am leaning towards waiting for kindergarten next year, but possibly I will move it during winter break.

His lunch was in a big boy spiderman lunch box.
  But look what came home at the end of the day:
Why do I even try?  He ate two cookies and drank the Capri-Sun.  They give him way too many snacks at school.  He often refuses to eat breakfast because he wants school breakfast - which is usually a granola bar or something.  Oh well.

Here are a few more pictures:
Driving to school

He loves to "do the door" and Addison and him fight over it every day



He still has his blanket and pillow



The weekly lesson plans

No comments:

Post a Comment