Saturday, May 12, 2012

Legoland

We had another birthday in the Boelter house.  We celebrated Alex's birthday at Legoland and had a really good time.  We went with Shannon and her two kids (who are the same ages as mine - if you haven't been following along).
The car ride was easy going there.  We had three ipads for four kids and a DVD player in the car.  I thought I would resist the electronics on car rides because they will miss out on all the "fun" car trip games - 20 questions, the license plate game, I spy.  However, a quiet car ride is priceless.  

Alex looks pretty sleepy here, but he never did nap the entire trip.  

The highlight of the car trip was Adam singing along to Justin Bieber:

(link to video later)

We stopped at Grandma's for some yummy macaroni and cheese and Alex's birthday cake.  We also went to the pool, mainly to let Addison swim.  That girl loves to swim!  This was the first time in the pool for the season, and Mason didn't remember anything from swim lessons last year.  Good thing we are starting up again in June.  Alex is a complete dare-devil and it is his #1 goal to jump in far away from my hands to catch him.  It was stressful until I remembered that I had brought along floaties.  Once I put those on him, at least I knew he wasn't going to drown.  Shannon promised me that Adam would not get in the pool; he would just be content to sit on the steps.  But as soon as he saw Alex jump in, he wanted to too.  At least he would always wait for me to be ready.

After that pit stop, we headed to our hotel at Legoland.  It was a really nice hotel, but they advertise it with "a private entrance to Legoland."  Eh, not really.  You have to walk out the front of the hotel, down the street about 1/8 of a mile and then all the way through the parking lot.  I was expecting it to be right there (like Disneyland is) so we could easily go back and forth for naps and such.

I really like Legoland.  It isn't as crazy packed as Disneyland and no teenagers.  The only bummer was that Adam wasn't tall enough to ride most of the rides, so we had to take turns a lot.  Don't bother going unless all children are at least 34".
Our morning walk by the flower fields

My camera did not do it justice.

My boys - always running ahead...

Finding lots of snails!  I am pretty sure that was all of their first times seeing snails.

Group picture - torture.

Too cool.

The Ross kids

There are lots of lego creations everywhere.

It was absolutely beautiful weather

The little boys couldn't go on this one.

Mason's favorite - slides

Waiting again...there are some rides that you have to be 4.

This was a run horsey ride


He looks so big to me here.

We headed back and braved the pool again.  I lasted about 30 minutes before I about had a mental breakdown watching all the kids again.  The night was not so bad getting everyone to sleep.  It could have been torture, but a little crying, and a lot of Alex rocking, and eventually everyone was asleep.
My kids love ipads!

Day two was Alex's Birthday!  Doesn't he look happy!?!?



Dare I say, we could have even done a third day.  They have a new water park and when both boys are confident swimmers I would like to go back.  I think our next trip like this will be to Sea World.  I haven't been there since they opened up the rides and I think the kids will really like it.
Everyone slept for a couple hours on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment