Monday, May 28, 2012

Nap time

Mason has been resisting naps more and more lately.  I think he still needs one, but he is getting older, so maybe not as much.  Yesterday he negotiated his way out of a nap by offering to read to Alex for 30 minutes.  I thought that was a good deal.

I could hear him reading from my computer and then suddenly realized that this needed to be recorded.  I haven't got him on tape reading yet, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity.  I tried to figure out how to add subtitles, but it was taking too long.  Just click on another YouTube video to hear the clear reading of Llama Llama Red Pajama and you'll get it.


Right now Alex's favorite books to read are Llama Llama Red Pajama, and No, David.  Mason also read that book, but you are probably tired of hearing a five year old read by now, right?  (and he caught on that I was recording and hammed it up a bit...)

For some reason I keep looking at their feet in the video and just the smallest details of how they are sitting and touching and which words Mason emphasizes.  All the small things are exactly what I want to remember.  These boys love each other very much and I am so glad they have each other for life.

I love you boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment