I meant to update on all the October events we did, but I think that is the downfall of a lot of blogs - always being behind....So, today, here is another installation of RMS.
Mason and I took a walk to Einstein's (Yellow Starbucks) by ourselves. It was nice to talk to him one-on-one. Once we got in the very busy Einstein's and ordered my usual Spinach and Bacon Panini, large ice tea, and a Cinnamon Twist (for Mason) - at least we walked there, right! - Mason declared, "I have a light in my brain!" This slightly panicked me, as my "brain" went directly to the worst - he must be having a seizure or something. I knelt down and asked him, "what do you mean you have a light in your brain?" he said, "it's e-c-city." Me: "It's like a city?" Mason: "Noooooo, it's E-lick-city" Me: "huh" (repeat about 3 more times - remember it's super busy and we are right in the middle of everything), finally, I got it "Oh, electricity!" Mason: "Yeah, I have an idea!" Apparently, a light bulb went off in Mason's head. You know, I never found out what the idea was, I was just laughing and shaking my head, thinking about how his brain works.
His new word is "brain." Steve always says, "Use your brain" and Mason has picked up on it and always states proudly, "I am using my brain" when he follows our instructions. Or, "I'm not using my brain?" (yes that is a question when it comes from a three year old) when he gets in trouble. This kinda sounds mean when I write it out, but we are just trying to get him to think before doing things, i.e., not be a three and a half year old. Maybe we are kinda mean...
The other brain phrase comes every time I get him dressed or undressed. See Mason's head is about two sizes too BIG, and every time I pull a shirt off or struggle to squeeze it over that noggin, I say "Why is your head so big? He always replies, "Because I have such a big brain!"
I keep telling you, a bigger head = a bigger brain!!
ReplyDelete