Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Confession

Last night as I was tucking Mason in bed, I laid with him and lovingly told him how proud I was of him because he was such a good boy today.  Now he hadn't done anything spectacular, but this is my parenting style.  I praise highly when he has done something good (or nothing bad) and ignore him when he is doing something I don't like.  He is such a people pleaser that this method of parenting works perfectly with him. 

Anyway, he kind of withdrew just a little bit, got real quiet, and said, "Addison and me got in trouble at daycare because we were fighting over all the blues."
I said, "Oh really, you weren't sharing?"
Mason, very dissapointed: "No", but then his face got all big and bright, "...but I found one more blue under the couch and I didn't tell Laurence!" 

That little stinker.  I guess I won't have to worry too much about him keeping things from me.  He just rats himself out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment