Alex is 10 weeks tomorrow. Parenting the second time around is so much easier than the first. Granted I continued with daycare for Mason, and some weekends are terrible when I don't have Steve to help. The lack of anxiety is the main difference. I was always terrified of everything Mason did. Was he sleeping too long? Did he eat enough? Was that acne normal? Why is he coughing? I was constantly entertaining him in his awake hours - showing flash cards or reading to him - I remember sending Steve out at three weeks old - in a slight panic - to get flashcards or else our baby would be stupid!
Now, if Alex is mesmerized by his fist - well, I take that as a sign that I can continue writing this post. Alex is sleeping about 8 hours at a time (that means a wake up between 3 and 4 am) and I AM TOO! Mason slept through the night at 7 weeks - but I don't think I did until probably 3 months, because I was constantly checking to see if he was still breathing.
Alex is starting to look more like me and less like Mason. He face is just thinning out. He smiles quite a bit. He is getting strong enough to sit on my lap forward, leaning against me. He is tolerating his brother much better and doesn't cry when Mason plays "wiggles" with him (Mason just puts his hands on his hips and shakes Alex around).
We have a great little routine going on, but I am ready to go back to work. Staying home doesn't suit me very well. I just HATE to do all the things you should be doing when you are at home - cooking, cleaning, etc. So I spend a lot of my time unproductively so that I won't have to do chores. I tend to get depressed...not in a serious way, just a not-proud-of-myself way. I am trying to enjoy myself and allow myself to read and relax, but I mainly feel guilty the whole time. And this time around I don't have worry of finding the right day care. He will be going with Mason to the best day care there is. Laurence (day care lady) is heaven-sent and I never worry for a second when Mason is there. It will be even easier with Alex because his big brother will be right by his side all day. I am dreading the constant fast pace I will be at, getting two kids up and ready and at daycare by 6:30 am to be at work by 7 am. Why can't we all work part time. It would be the best of both worlds?
No comments:
Post a Comment